Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm Baaackk, Fun Thrifty Finds



I was so excited to find these babies for $4/each.  It wasn't until a few weeks later that someone asked me if I knew I had 2 "left feet"?  Too funny it never even occurred to me.

 It was a good score for red that day.  The bolt of fabric was my splurge, even though it comes out to something like only $3/yard, a very good price for decorator fabric.
Still trying to decide what to do with all the fabric, something like 13 yards?
Can you see how nicely it goes with my Red Waverley Toile chair covers?  

Wanted one of these ever since I saw Kim's on Savvy Southern Style.  A Santos doll ....Did you know ??....Santos are carvings, either in wood or ivory, that depict saints, angels, or other religious figures.  I just looked that up aren't I smart?   This one came from Home Goods. Join Kim for Wow Us Wednesday, today.

The bean pot is a McCoy, but after I purchased I found it was cracked, somehow it ruined the charm for me and I have since donated it to the GW.


I threw some yardage up on the window to see if this what I want to do with the fabric.  Whatcha think? I'm not sure?  Window coverings are so hard for me, they are mostly bare in my house, with the exception of blinds.


Thanks for stopping in.  I am so happy to be blogging again.  As always looking forward to your comments.



Marla

7 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the gingham fabric!! I am a gingham freak and I would have jumped all over all 13 yards of that! I think it looks Fabulous on the window! Great finds!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds and your Santos doll is the same as mine. Can't believe you found yours at the same store. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting our Everything Annie Sloan giveaway button on your sidebar!! I hope all your friends and followers come over and check out this amazing giveaway!! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great deal on all that fabric...which I love! The Santos doll is adorable to! The shoe forms are so neat...I've kind of been looking for some or some of the wooden boot forms. You got a lot of great finds!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your finds and I think the fabric looks great on the window! Good luck and thanks for stopping by refreshrestyle! I'm following you now!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marla Marla Marla...we must be sisters of some sort because I love your choices! That red fabric looks awesome on the window. If you decide you don't like the fabric you can certainly send it my way :)

    ReplyDelete