Wednesday, October 14, 2009

White Wednesday

I am joining Faded Charm for White Wednesday. Go on over there and see all the participants posts.

This is White Wednesday. You know there are several bloggers out there that collect tureen's, especially white ironstone, well I now have 2 such tureen's. This one I found the other day at the GW. Oh it is a beauty! I have never seen one like this.



The bottom. Does any one know anything about this mark?


Isn't that a sweet sheep?

Even with the top removed I love it!


This is a white beaded purse, also purchased at GW several months ago. It is in perfect condition, clean and intact. I would be willing to sell it if someone is interested.


It has a matching coin purse. The label says Walborg, made in Belgium.






5 comments:

  1. What an elegant little purse. If I had a movie premier to go to it would be perfect. I don't think it is the right look for the pub up the street.
    Isn't it amazing what you guys find in these stores? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog and becoming a follower!! :) I love ironstone. That is a very unusual tureen. I haven't seen one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marla,
    I’m loving that cute little purse!
    Wanted to let ya know that I have the Weight Loss challenge posted if you’re still interested :)

    http://domesticprincessintraining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, Marla, what a beautiful white piece!! I love it, anything made in Italy is wonderful. They do great things with pottery over there.

    Thanks for leaving such a sweet note! You asked a couple of questions. No, I don't have children of my own, it just was never in the right timing to have my own with my previous marriage & then I got too old. :) Not that I didn't want them, it just didn't work out that way, but I'm still very happy with my life & feel tremendously blessed. My hubby and I have been together 5 years and celebrated 4 yrs. of marriage in June. He lost his first wife to cancer & has 3 20-something children, all living away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Great Goodwill finds - oh, how I am loving Goodwill these days!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete