Monday, December 14, 2009

Snowmen collection

Just not in the holiday mood yet, busy this week moving my parents into a condo 6 miles away.  Thought some of you might like to see my snowman collection and how I displayed it last year.  The way I am feeling, I am not sure I will be dragging out so many holiday things this year!  I hope I get some inspiration soon!

This year I decided to display my snowmen in mass. I really like the impact of all of them lined up on the mantel. At first I just lined them up and then thought something else was needed, a swag or something. Then I realized that every snowman has to have snow, so I added fluffly stuff underneath and put some LED lights under the snow. I still need to put up the snowman stockings along the mantle, but need some of those nifty clear hooks that you can remove later.

Normally I would display my snowmen all around the house, but this is fun for a change.


























4 comments:

  1. Oh they are so cute. They make a much bigger impact en masse. Looks very fun and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snowmen, but when they are collected, they are amazing. What a great idea! I am a (retired) RN. Until I became engulfed by writing, I worked as a chemotherapy nurse in my husband's office. It's lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marla...

    Ohhh my...I just adore your snowman mantel!!! Of course, I love snowmen and collect them as well! I really enjoyed looking at your fabulous collection...all of them are just adorable!!! Love how you did the fluffy snow and pretty lights...it's perfect, my friend!!!

    Just wanted to thank you for stopping by and taking a peek at my Silver Elegance post...and for leaving me such a nice comment!!!

    Warmest wishes and Christmas blessings to you and your family, my friend!

    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute. You KNOW I love all of your snowmen, and they look so cute all lined up in the snow. laurie

    ReplyDelete