Friday, September 17, 2010

Banana Pudding

I am hooking up with Foodie Friday, go here for more fabulous dishes!

I found a website called Back of the Box, have you ever visited this site?  I found the original Nilla banana pudding recipe.  I have made it before using the recipe on the back of the box.  But my Nilla Wafer box did not have the recipe.  Go figure. 

This is the recipe doubled... Yummy!  It is always better when you make it this way, from scratch on the double boiler.  This is how my MIL always makes it, it is a family tradition.
This will be consumed during the Florida-Tennessee game tomorrow!  Go Gators

6 comments:

  1. Oh, one of my personal favorites for decades! It looks so good.

    Uh, Go Ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the "real" one!! I love this kind. I have actually never made it though. My mom makes a great one. I am ashamed to admit I have never made meringue! I'm afraid to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good. I have not had banana pudding in a long time. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and daughter LOVE "nanner puddin'." Me, not so much. Well...actually I don't like it at all. It's funny because I do like all the individual ingredients (the pudding, the cookies, the bananas) but I don't like them all mixed together so I don't make it often. Well...hardly ever. After seeing how good yours looks, I've decided maybe I'll surprise them and make it for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy! This is one of those comfort foods that everyone loves, because it reminds them of home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to stop back by to tell you I made "Back of the Box" banana pudding tonight as a surprise for Hubby and Daughter. I have to admit, it does look pretty good so I might even break down and try a spoonful or two myself. Thanks for inspiring me. :)

    ReplyDelete