Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mother

TN spring and more 170

A mother of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. For my WONDERFUL Mom who has lived her life for her kids!!

Dec 30 2009 251 This is my beautiful mother.  The older I get the more I realize I am my mother and that is a good thing.  My mom has always loved growing things, flowers, vegetables, fruit trees.  She has always seen the beauty in nature and has surrounded her life with as much of it as possible.  In my teen years I couldn’t understand why growing things was such a big deal, to me it felt like work and I guess I was allergic to work back then.   But now I know, I have the same desire to grow things and to surround myself with nature.  Thanks mom for being you!!  And for teaching me to love God’s natural beauty all around us.

Ever since I can remember mom has always had violets growing in her kitchen.  Here are some of the current ones blooming in her kitchen.

TN spring and more 28

Oh yes it wouldn’t be spring and wouldn’t be home if there weren’t some potted violets outside too.

TN spring and more 75

These are blueberry bushes in mom and dad’s yard. 

TN spring and more 74

TN spring and more 72

This is the view from the front porch.  My parents currently live in TN, Sequatchie Valley.

TN spring and more 116

view across the road in their neighbors back yard

TN spring and more 114

A baby fig tree.

TN spring and more 117

This rose is not in mom’s yard, but picture taken while mom and I visited a local nursery in the valley. 

TN spring and more 142

Happy Mother’s Day to all you beautiful, loving, and incredibly unselfish mom’s! 

Hope you enjoyed this post dedicated to my beautiful mother.  As always I love your comments and the fact that you have taken the time to acknowledge a perfect stranger as myself.  I love the blogging community and each of you! 

Marla

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Marla, this is a wonderful Mother's Day post about your mom. She's beautiful. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger my Mom was always growing roses. I was the same as you, thinking what a waste of time and effort. Now that I'm older, growing things has become very important to me.I'm crazy about roses! I guess they were teaching us something and we didn't even realize it. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete