Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thrifty Treasures

So glad that Rhoda is having one more Thrifty Finds Party. I so wanted to show you all my new handbag. I heart handbags and this little one is a beauty. Found it at, you guessed it, the GW. It looked like a quality leather handbag and had no signs of wear. So bought it for $3.99. When I got home I looked up the brand name "hype" I couldn't find another leather handbag of that name for under $200. Whoo hoo!



Funny story... my hubby took me to dinner the other evening and I asked him what he thought of my new handbag? He rolled his eyes and said how much did you spend, when I told him $3.99 his eyes nearly popped out. He then gave me permission to buy as many $3 handbags as I want. Thank you honey! Isn't she a beauty? Can you be in love with a handbag?





Okay, I have been keeping an eye out for some great silver pieces and I found them this week at the GW of course. The platter and the tea pot were each $7.99. Well worth the extra price. Heavy quality silver. Couldn't wait to shine it up.
Okay so I got it on here backwards..
These are very small little tins, that have some great pattern on them, they were a surprise inside a box of trims and ribbons. I thought they were so cute.
This is a kitchen towel I think. I bought it for the color and the Paris flare. It is darling.




This is a crewel pillow top, just so colorful, couldn't resist.



I bought this children's book for a quarter, cause I just love the art inside. Reminds me of my sister.
She looks like my sister, when she was in her twenties.

My wonderful Toucan hand mirror. $.99 at GW.



Thanks for joining me and be sure to check at Rhoda's Southern Hospitality, Thrifty Finds party.











13 comments:

  1. That is all you paid for silver? Wow. That seems inexpensive to me.
    You got lots of good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marla! You found some great stuff! You got a deal on the handbag! And I love the toucan mirror! Isn't it wonderful how everyone is dumping their silver at GW? I've gotten some really nice pieces! Love the pillow, too! Happy week!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an eye for bargains! The toucan mirror is really unusual (around here anyway). You can't beat the price of that purse. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your GW sounds amazing! If I found deals like those, I would practically live at that store! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    Hugs-
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice things, Marla
    That is so funny that to me that someone bought a $200 handbag and then did not use it. Lucky for you though.

    Thanks for the advice about painting drawer pulls - I will pass your advice on to my DD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am loving your HYPE bag--quite a FIND! Love all the rest of you goodies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good finds! I just bought a purse that's very similar at Goodwill for $3.00 also. Nicely done! I also love the pillow and silver tray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thanks for stopping in. Yes I do collect Santas. Just the old fashioned or different styles. Not the Coke Cola type.
    I have been posting them almost daily for a month now and I have enough to keep posting until Christmas. I know, I know, I have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marla, you got SO many great things!! I just love, love that handbag, it is a real beauty. WOW! You can't get enough purses. You did great last week.

    And thanks SO much for your sweet comments at Kim's blog. I really appreciate them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that handbag! That's cute that you can buy all the $3 bags you want LOL! You got lots of great stuff!

    Yes, I think the drought it over! Thankfully the weather is going to be soooo much better this week!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I', gonna come shop at your Goodwill! Great finds! I discovered you via Deb's blog (Common Ground), so nice to "meet" you!
    ~ Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marla, WOWIE but you found some goodies at the GW!!! Never, never does our store have good finds at rock bottom prices. That seems to be a sad lament throughout blogland. But YOU did GREAT!! I love your silver, the towel, and the crewel pillow top. Thanks for visiting my fall decorating blog yesterday at Rhoda's party. I love this season and go hog wild decorating! *grin*
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete