Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Tablescape and Fish Fry

Easter 1
I am linking up with Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
I had such a fun time yesterday.  My husband picked up fresh fish at the Market on Saturday while I was at work and then on Sunday we had a yummy fish fry.  It was mainly just me and the boys.  They devoured the fish, especially my husband.  I love this picture below, I snapped it just as my son was loading up his plate.  You can see the steam rising off the plate.Easter 187
Those are white acre peas on the plate, my husband loves these peas, we usually buy them fresh during the summer and freeze them, this was our last bag from the freezer.  You can see the glass of “sweet tea” in the upper right corner of the picture, a must have for a southern meal and a southern man like my DH.
Easter 2
This is my Easter tablescape.  This is Fiesta Ware, reproduction.  I have had this set for at least 14 years.  The table cloths and napkins were purchased long ago, but I remember the floral one was a GW find.
Easter 7
This is the first time I have actually put my vintage flatware to use.
Easter 18 
Easter 179
Easter 23
Easter 188
Easter 15
And for dessert…….

Easter 197
A few more pictures.
Easter 127
Easter 125
If you haven’t tried the speckled Peanut Butter M & M’s, don’t go there, they are addictive.

Easter 180
Thanks for visiting, hope everyone had a blessed day!

10 comments:

  1. A pretty table -- and your fiesta is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla, The fish looks good, and your Easter tablescape is so pretty and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty and bright Easter table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your fiesta wear is just perfect for a rainbow table, like mine! My DD has them, too, & they wear like iron...no chips after YEARS of hard use.
    All your eggs have to be some of the prettiest ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marla, what a festive table you set. no one here eats fish but me so I'll just come to your house next time you fry up some ,OK. pretty please:)
    Oh yikes dont get me started on those MnM's , I dont need another candy addition:-)

    Happy Easter
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Easter table setting. I like this Easter egg colours on the plates.

    Have a nice Eastertime,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love a table set with Fiesta, as my grandmother had those dishes. And yours set off that pretty tablecloth so well! Your photography is great, too, and I enjoyed seeing all the festive additions you included on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the soft colors in your Easter table...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I had forgotten about the M&Ms and we need some candy for the holiday. Thanks for the reminder. Also, your Fiesta is great. Please stop by if you have time. Happy Easter. -- Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cheery table! Thanks for sharing,Paula in Idaho

    ReplyDelete